Step aside KFC, here comes the Dominican version of deep fried chicken. You will find this humble dish in every small town and city in the Dominican Republic, and it is the meal of choice after a night of party and beers.
Time: 40 Mins
Serve: 4 people
Before starting to cook: Cut the chicken in small pieces.
- 2 lbs of chicken
- 2 lemons cut into halves
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 small red onion chopped into small cubes
- 2 cups of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of mashed garlic
- 1 cup of all purpose wheat flour
- In a pot boil the chicken, onion, parsley, a pinch of salt and garlic until the chicken is tender but firm. Adjust salt to taste. Take the chicken out of the water and reserve.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt with the flour. In a pot heat the oil. Cover the meat pieces in the flour and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Serve with tostones and ketchup.